UMK3+ On Normal Mame / Raspberry Pi

More
1 month 6 days ago #1163 by Zfeem
Ive gotten that to work okay
But im not 100% its got the extra graphics. colors look faded like original and overall flow isnt quite the same. Must have been from an earlier build tbh at best.
40 bucks to whoever can get the better one on there OR find a way to play it on mame .181-.highest available rpi4 libretro core or custom build. Spent 2 months off and on attempting and i just dont have the HP to go on. Kudos to codemonkeys that can. Ill send tab and mountain dew your way as well

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago - 1 month 5 days ago #1164 by RustyDawg37
you just add the game to the 3 driver files and recompile. if you tell me the exact core to add it to, i will. I have added it to two cores already that do not work on the rpi. its pretty easy once you get into it. just copy what is there for other games and substitute the info from your game.

Also, there is no mame .181 core. there is 0.78 0.37b5 0.139 0.174 0.160 and current. pick one. :)
Last edit: 1 month 5 days ago by RustyDawg37.

More
1 month 5 days ago #1165 by Zfeem
Misunderstood
The way the rom names have changed for the patches etc started mame 0.181, which ive no issue building with the right parameters (do pms work here?), OR through the latest libretro which idr what it is in some cases and also depends if in 64bit userspace and os blah blah blah
And yeah i know it goes 2000, 2003, 2003+ (which is nice), 2010, 2014/15, 2016 and then theres also mame-libretro (which is where im not 100 on version number.
But thing is i need new (.181 and higher) naming schemes to work (yes I've tried renaming the rom and wont show up in quite literally any mame based libretro core that i spent a couple months little sleep attempting. In any combination.
As well as i think my image had
203? As like a separate entity from retroarch and es. Been a minute man pardon me for lack of certainties.
Idc about online anything i just wanna have local fighting tourneys at the crib while everyones shudding it down again.
Plays great on my mame64 on my msi laptop even the 32++ but cant find either of those builds with or without krillsjeshsirea
And being linux based i understand the build from scratch a bit different.

Anyway like i said man anyone can get this for me to test thats better than fbneo

40 bucks

Also idk how to tag drew but went over a physical arcade rom regarding 2 and umk3
He may be interested
Hell depending on price i may be interested as well throwing in on it

More
1 month 5 days ago - 1 month 4 days ago #1166 by RustyDawg37
OK. A lot to digest here.

The roms names do not matter if you are making your own mame. You can name them poop1, poop2, poop3 etc, or anything else for that matter, if you are the one making the mame and the one adding the games. As long as you add the names and hashes of the roms you are using, you will be fine. For testing older cores etc, you will need to rename the UMK3 roms to the older name for testing yes. The driver files will tell you what the roms need to be named and are pretty easy to correlate. If this does not work then try clrmamepro. Even though its for full sets you can use it for just one game.

The core mame-libretro is always the up to date mame. The other mame cores are snapshots in time, and mame 2003 plus is for raspberry pi with many other things added. UMK3+ does not work on older mames AFAIK. You must use a mame 0.119 or newer. So that leaves your choices as mame 2010 2015 or 2016.

I personally do not have a raspberry pi, so again what I need from you, is to tell me which core to add the game to. So what is the newest core that runs UMK3 well on your raspberry pi? If you can tell me that, or send me a raspberry pi4, i will get started.

If you need to pm, discord is the way to go, join the server, and my name is Hugo_Stiglitz_DA
Last edit: 1 month 4 days ago by RustyDawg37.

More
11 hours 28 minutes ago #1180 by Greenhawk84
Hello, I just recently discovered MK Plus games and I love these projects, extremely awesome to see! I was able to get UMK3+ running on my PC using the provided patches and the provided Mame64 build. That runs just fine! But I also have an arcade cabinet that runs on a Raspberry Pi4. For that I am trying the FBNeo version and I have to say it is a bit off. The sound is faster/awkward and the fluidity of the game is a slightly janky compared to my PC. I am hoping that there is a Mame core we can use on a Pi4 that works well. Does anyone know about that possibility?

More
11 hours 11 minutes ago - 11 hours 10 minutes ago #1181 by Greenhawk84
Upon further testing, it appears FBNeo plays MK games in general inaccurately, not just MK Plus. I loaded up lr-mame2016 on Pi4 and played regular MK2 and UMK3, they performed WAY better than FBNeo, both sound accuracy and fluidity. This seems promising to me then because perhaps MK Plus can run just fine in lr-mame2016 with a Pi4.
Last edit: 11 hours 10 minutes ago by Greenhawk84.

Moderators: Tehdrewsus

Created by ZPaul2Fresh8

Go to top