Starting game goes straight to game over screen

More
1 year 1 month ago #807 by Joker CK
This is odd, I have just started up my machine after a few weeks of inactivity. Now whenever I try to start any of the game modes from the menu screen, it just takes me straight to the game over screen and not the character select screen. I've tried turning on and off various settings in the test menu and have even done a factory reset (losing all my secret character unlocks in the process) but it doesn't fix it. Up until today it has worked fine and all my other MK boards are working in the machine. Voltage to the board is ok and all connections are good. Any idea what could be causing this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #808 by zpaul2fresh8
Interesting, have you tried your factory revision yet? I'm curious as to what you find out.

Join MK+ on Discord:
discord.gg/AgDczKe

More
1 year 4 weeks ago #840 by Joker CK
Took the pcb out and tested it on my test rig. Everything booted fine and the game was playable again. Hooked it back up in my cab and everything is fine now! Very strange. I'll update if it does it again but curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this. Fingers crossed it was just my board.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zpaul2fresh8

More
1 month 1 week ago #1222 by UnknownMK
I dont have much information to add to this but i had a similar experience. Years ago my board did the same thing. Boot up, hit start - game over. Was like this for months. One day I decided to look at the board, I think I replaced the battery, booted it back up and bam, has been working fine for years since with no issues. Really weird, so no, you're not alone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zpaul2fresh8

More
1 month 1 week ago #1223 by zpaul2fresh8
Sounds like a CMOS related problem. Could be a hardware problem, hard to tell as the original game doesn't use most of NVRAM. With more of it being utilized with the + version of the game, it's possible that some boards had pre-existing conditions in those areas that aren't noticeable with the original game. It could also be an obscure bug with + version as well. It's hard to say, if you could replicate the problem then we can try it on other machines to narrow things down a bit.

Join MK+ on Discord:
discord.gg/AgDczKe

Created by ZPaul2Fresh8

Go to top