XBOX Controller DPAD wont work - not detected

More
7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #1023 by AnatharMerol
deleted as people were "very helpful" in this community. So many replies with solutions in this thread.
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by AnatharMerol. Reason: No one fucking helped

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #1207 by SilasMurder
I have the same problem. Did you ever figure it out?

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #1208 by RustyDawg37
I replied to your topic earlier. Direct input does not seem to be included with the version of MAME on this website. You will want to add the games to a version of mame that you know works with an xbox controller, or program direct input support into the version of MAME you are having issues with.
Last edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by RustyDawg37.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #1209 by SilasMurder
Yes. You did. But, you offered no actual solutions. You say things without giving details on the most important part. HOW? How, do I program a rom into another version of MAME? You do realize this is not in other versions of MAME? I have no clue on how to add it. What configuration do I setup for the controller to work in this version of MAME? You offer paper and I do not have a pen! Understand? Unless you offer a solution, saying things does not make it so!

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #1210 by RustyDawg37
As far as I know direct input does not work properly with this version of MAME. You would have to get the source code for mame 0.119 and program it in. Examples may be found in the source code from mame32k IIRC. A keyboard mapper may be able to help you out as well.

Adding the game to MAME can be a different process depending on what version of MAME you decide to use. I can not give you a solution until you pick a version of MAME to go with.

In general you must get the source code of the version you want to use. Add the game to the list of games that that version of MAME plays. Add the game rom file names and hashes to the driver for the machine. Add the game to the list of games in the machine driver file. Sometimes you must do a couple little tweaks here and there as well. Search the code for references to mk2 and where you find that, add mk2plus. Same thing with umk3. The main files are midwunit and midtunit and mame.lst, but there may be more, less, or different ones.

I do not know your level of familiarity with MAME or code. If you want to know details how about asking politely next time, or googling it? Your attitude alone should have stopped me from even replying, so maybe check it next time someone is trying to have a constructive conversation through a forum with you, who is by no means required to.

People ask for things to be handed to them in a mame executable all the time and most do not wish to even attempt such work, so yes i may be a bit vague, but nothing I told you is not able to be found by doing some googling and/or poking around the MAME source code.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilasMurder

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #1211 by SilasMurder
I searched but, only could find auditing. Nothing about adding to the rom list inside the program itself. That information you just gave was what I needed to know. I am not familiar with coding at all. You just gave me a starting point. Thank You! Sorry for being an ass. After 4 hours of fiddling around I was able to rename mk2p to mk2 in another version of mame and it worked. UMK3 rom did not work. Two files that were patched became unrecognizable. If I can add to mame myself. Bingo!

Created by ZPaul2Fresh8

Go to top