Use an Xbox Controller?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1203 by SilasMurder
"Directinput: unable to set absolute mode for joystick 0"

This is the message I receive when launching MAME32 .119 with my xbox fightpad plugged in. Works on other versions of MAME? I cant figure this out.. Help? Please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1204 by RustyDawg37
Replied by RustyDawg37 on topic Use an Xbox Controller?
I am by no means an expert but i think direct input has to be enabled before compiling. I do not know if that is your exact problem, but I would add the game to the version of mame you know works with your controller instead of actually tracking down what is wrong with this one. For me that would be the faster solution.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1205 by SilasMurder
Replied by SilasMurder on topic Use an Xbox Controller?
I have tried that. MKII Plus and UMK3Plus only supported on this MAME emulator provided to my understanding. Which other versions of MAME support the plus hack/upgrade(s)?

More
1 month 1 week ago #1214 by RustyDawg37
Well this might set us back some. I just tested a PS4 controller and an Xbox One controller with the MAME32 from this site and both worked without me doing anything else. They were plugged in so they were using USB. What controller exactly are you having problems with?

More
1 month 1 week ago #1215 by RustyDawg37
Well this might set us back some. I just tested a PS4 controller and an Xbox One controller with the MAME32 from this site and both worked without me doing anything else. They were plugged in so they were using USB and some of the buttons were mapped incorrectly but they both worked. I am using a Windows 10 machine although I dont think that should matter. What controller exactly are you having problems with?

More
1 month 1 week ago #1216 by SilasMurder
Replied by SilasMurder on topic Use an Xbox Controller?
Xbox360 fight pad. I have an Xbox one fight pad I could try later on today. Good to know! Thank you!

Created by ZPaul2Fresh8

Go to top