Tutorial: How to patch your UMK3 roms

More
1 year 3 months ago #991 by zpaul2fresh8

insanegamer wrote: just a quick update.. if you let the game run it does say cmos write error and lock. now if you press the credits button before that it will show the start screen and i can play the game but it does seem like some of the graphics for the character selection new character and towers are absent or blank squares. any ideas ? it also says in shao kahns voice your still trying to win when it says bad cmos write. i have tried this on several roms including the latest. mame 64 and latest rom set

Ensure you don't have cheats enabled for some reason and it sounds like you're missing the graphic files as well. You're doing something wrong, I suggest rewatching the video that was posted to show you how it's done.

Join MK+ on Discord:
discord.gg/AgDczKe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #1024 by gaymaster
omg why not just upload the patched umk3p.zip here? confusing as fuck bruh!
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by gaymaster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zicky4

More
1 year 2 months ago #1033 by Postmortem
legal reasons

More
11 months 1 week ago #1120 by HowieT82
Hey I tried to patch the ips file ending in 54 and it says the ips file appears to be truncated or misaligned

More
11 months 1 week ago #1121 by Postmortem

HowieT82 wrote: Hey I tried to patch the ips file ending in 54 and it says the ips file appears to be truncated or misaligned

I believe you can get this error if you accidently patch the ips file with the ips file (instead of patching the rom with the ips file). I dont know if that messes up the file or not. Re-download and try again just to be safe

More
11 months 1 week ago #1122 by T.Rieper
I couldn't patch the file at first either, but after 20 minutes everything turned out fine. The instructions show everything clearly. As for copyright, it's doubtful)))) you are just a conscious hacker)).

Moderators: Tehdrewsus

Created by ZPaul2Fresh8

Go to top