Help with mame code

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1146 by thebt3
Replied by thebt3 on topic Help with mame code
i have modified the midwunit.c file to make the umk3+ works but i dont know how to assemble the core with the modified file any help on that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1147 by RustyDawg37
Replied by RustyDawg37 on topic Help with mame code
Unfortunately, that will not make UMK3+ work in mame2003. My best guess is to make the game work you need to change some things in the midwunit machine driver.

I do not remember the correct command to build mame2003 but I would start with "make" and investigate the libretro docs for more info. Also I would inspect mame compilation instructions and learn to compile tiny mame so as to avoid compiling the whole thing every time. This will allow you to compile just the drivers you are toying with in a short amount of time with a decent machine, instead of hours, and remember to "make clean" between build attempts.

Its been awhile since I compiled so I apologize for not remembering it all. I know its not super easy to find everything but it is out there.

Here is a close to current mame libretro core for x86_64 that plays MK+ games.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lMnUlHLI...tBOrnLJAT3W6zYaUdXgD

close to current hbmame core that can play MK+ games can be found on the libretro buildbot download page.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #1152 by thebt3
Replied by thebt3 on topic Help with mame code
thanks for the informations
i made changes over midwunit drivers to make umk3+ works under mame2003+libretro
as i mentioned before i just don't know how to assembeling the mame2003+libretro from the source code
Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by thebt3.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #1153 by RustyDawg37
Replied by RustyDawg37 on topic Help with mame code
Ok first remove the link. you are not allowed to distribute the rom here.

You modified the game driver. As I stated before, this will not work. The machine driver is I think called midwunit_machine and you might need to change some things in midwunit.h and maybe other places.

My assistance for compilation stands, if you need more assistance look into mame and libretro docs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thebt3

Moderators: Tehdrewsus

Created by ZPaul2Fresh8

Go to top