Help with mame code

More
1 week 3 days ago - 1 week 3 days ago #1280 by RustyDawg37
Replied by RustyDawg37 on topic Help with mame code
A ton has changed recently in mame regarding this game machine driver. So thats the issue. If and when it will be resolved? Anybodys guess. Since mame does not have the game, I would say just try adding it every 6 months or so and see what happens.

Can confirm compiling the core here on ubuntu 20.04 produces the same results you speak of.

You can also try using an older save state and see if that jumpstarts it. Other than that. I am out of ideas currently, or rather what ideas are left for me is above my working skill level in this stuff.
Last edit: 1 week 3 days ago by RustyDawg37.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 20 hours ago - 1 week 20 hours ago #1281 by gginelli
Replied by gginelli on topic Help with mame code
Hi @somedude, I tried running the umk3plus20190921 rom with hbmame 0.226 which I compiled myself on a Raspberry Pi 4, but unfortunately I get the same result as you mentioned earlier: The game won't start, it seems to gets stuck in a CMOS boot loop or something. Since you wrote "I tried hbmame core 0.226 which works great with naming the rom "umk3plus20190921"." and "... and will just stick to latest 0.226 hbmame for now.", it seems like you solved the issue somehow running hbmame 0.226. Is that correct? If so, how did you manage to solve it?
Last edit: 1 week 20 hours ago by gginelli. Reason: Clarify my question

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tehdrewsus

Created by ZPaul2Fresh8

Go to top