Help with mame code

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #915 by welblade
Replied by welblade on topic Help with mame code
In retroarch you can use FBNeo, but you have to use "load content", this rom only work in mame core if you change the source code and compile it, like I did.

To work in FBNeo, the zip file name have to be: umk3pb1.zip, you also need the rom file umk3.zip inside the same folder
Inside umk3pb1.zip file you need the files with these names.

umk3plus_beta1.u54 (this is the patched l1.2_mortal_kombat_3_u54_ultimate.u54)
umk3plus_beta1.u63 (this is the patched l1.2_mortal_kombat_3_u63_ultimate.u63)
umk-u117.bin
umk-u116.bin
umk-u115.bin
umk-u114.bin
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by welblade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #1134 by thebt3
Replied by thebt3 on topic Help with mame code
hi im using emuelec and i would like to play that umk3+ under mame2003plus_libretro but i dont know how to modify that midwunit.cpp the game works under fbneo_libretro but runs too slow
any help please?

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #1136 by zpaul2fresh8
Replied by zpaul2fresh8 on topic Help with mame code
Good job on the mame file edits, I just now saw this post! Sorry I missed this! :)

Join MK+ on Discord:
discord.gg/AgDczKe

More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #1137 by RustyDawg37
Replied by RustyDawg37 on topic Help with mame code
the game does not work on mame2003, mame2003plus, or fbneo. You need to be in communication with their developers or code it in. In mame 2003 and 2003 plus the game does not work at all and in fbneo it does not work properly but will boot up because wolf unit seems to not be completed yet. @thebt3
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by RustyDawg37.

More
10 months 1 week ago #1144 by thebt3
Replied by thebt3 on topic Help with mame code
im talking about the mame libretro cores version not the computer version i already test the mk2+ game under mame2003+libretro version and it works just fine but the umk3+ won't works because of rain gfx files that should be mentioned in the midwunit.cpp file, if i could just figured out how to get the midwunit.cpp file from the mame2003plus_libretro.so i'll try to modify that one to make umk3+ work.
so any help on that?

More
10 months 1 week ago #1145 by RustyDawg37
Replied by RustyDawg37 on topic Help with mame code
I am speaking about the mame libretro cores as well and the information still stands. You will get more help from their individual developers than here most likely. I know because I have put the plus games into as many libretro cores as I could :) FBNeo will probably get there eventually. Its just that midway emulation is just starting on that platform. MAME 2003 there is something goofy with the way mame handles some aspects that is beyond the scope of my abilities, hence trying the developers would get you further than asking here.

If you can play current cores there is an hbmame core and an MK+ core that will play both MK2+ and UMK3+

Also, mame2003 will boot up mk2+ but other users report that it fails at some of the extra modes and things in the game.

Moderators: Tehdrewsus

Created by ZPaul2Fresh8

Go to top