Hidden Portal, Noob's Dorfen, Noob Saibot

More
1 week 3 days ago - 1 week 3 days ago #1036 by SouL BreaKeR
Sorry i made this same post in "suggestions", and i wanted to delete it from there, but there is not any option to delete it or i didnt find it :dry:

1- Could it be possible to restore the original background height position in Hidden Portal? I have noticed the background height is modified compared to the original one in MK3.

Here is the original Hidden Portal:

https://imgur.com/4hZA4dm

And here is the UMK3+ version:

https://imgur.com/Oq2994t

Maybe im a bit "purist" i know, but i really think the original background height position gives much more feeling of "high altitude" which maybe was the original meaning of this stage in arcade MK3 and SNES MK3
And can it be possible to create a specific Kombat Kode to play at Hidden Portal?

2- About Noob's Dorfen, im surprised this is the only stage that is not available for set as coin-up main screen. Maybe can you add it please?

3- My suggestions about Noob Saibot:

- Can it be possible to add an option in Test Menu to switch his blood color? I mean to change between the new black color and a "classic" or "original" MK3 / UMK3 / MKT red blood color.

- About his palette color i asked for it in another post, but as i havent received any response i need to ask for this again: could it be possible to give him his original "classic" totally black palette as he had in MK2 / MK3 / UMK3 (home consoles and original arcade rev 1.2) ?
It could be awesome to take adventage of the brand upcoming palette swap option to give us the possibility of enjoying his original look, so he could have his UMK3 Plus colored palette + his totally black palette :D

4- Add Hidden Portal, Noob´s Dorfen, and Suswerd Het II to standard and extended stage rotation modes if possible.

That's all. Thanks for reading it and please give me an answer even if its for telling me all my suggestions are rejected or you dont like them. Regards
Last edit: 1 week 3 days ago by SouL BreaKeR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 days 5 hours ago #1040 by Tehdrewsus
see answers in Green

SouL BreaKeR wrote: Sorry i made this same post in "suggestions", and i wanted to delete it from there, but there is not any option to delete it or i didnt find it :dry:

1- Could it be possible to restore the original background height position in Hidden Portal? I have noticed the background height is modified compared to the original one in MK3.

Here is the original Hidden Portal:

https://imgur.com/4hZA4dm

And here is the UMK3+ version:

https://imgur.com/Oq2994t

Maybe im a bit "purist" i know, but i really think the original background height position gives much more feeling of "high altitude" which maybe was the original meaning of this stage in arcade MK3 and SNES MK3
And can it be possible to create a specific Kombat Kode to play at Hidden Portal?

The reasoning behind the height change is also why I changed the height of the UMK3 Blue Portal stage. Jump or uppercut a character, and you see a nice black bar at the top of the screen. The heights of the backgrounds were adjusted to fix this. Assets were added at the bottom of the screen to appropriately blend the bottom of the stage in as well.

2- About Noob's Dorfen, im surprised this is the only stage that is not available for set as coin-up main screen. Maybe can you add it please?

That shouldn't be a problem. I'll bet the code is there but one piece was omitted.

3- My suggestions about Noob Saibot:

- Can it be possible to add an option in Test Menu to switch his blood color? I mean to change between the new black color and a "classic" or "original" MK3 / UMK3 / MKT red blood color.

I may just change his blood back to red. If there's sufficient support for the change I'll make the change back. Blood color seems like a fickle option for an already robust options menu, where space is becoming premium.

- About his palette color i asked for it in another post, but as i havent received any response i need to ask for this again: could it be possible to give him his original "classic" totally black palette as he had in MK2 / MK3 / UMK3 (home consoles and original arcade rev 1.2) ?
It could be awesome to take adventage of the brand upcoming palette swap option to give us the possibility of enjoying his original look, so he could have his UMK3 Plus colored palette + his totally black palette :dry:

Yes.

4- Add Hidden Portal, Noob´s Dorfen, and Suswerd Het II to standard and extended stage rotation modes if possible.

They are in the random and expanded rotations. Suswerd Het II could be an option to add to the standard rotation.

That's all. Thanks for reading it and please give me an answer even if its for telling me all my suggestions are rejected or you dont like them. Regards

UMK3+ Co-Creator
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouL BreaKeR

More
1 day 15 hours ago #1042 by SouL BreaKeR

Tehdrewsus wrote: The reasoning behind the height change is also why I changed the height of the UMK3 Blue Portal stage. Jump or uppercut a character, and you see a nice black bar at the top of the screen. The heights of the backgrounds were adjusted to fix this. Assets were added at the bottom of the screen to appropriately blend the bottom of the stage in as well.

Before saying anything, i will thank you so much for giving me these answers, i appreciate it man, really.

Yes i understand your reason, i have noticed that big black bar at the top. Maybe i can suggest a possible "solution"; The real problem is the unified movement of the 2 layers of this stage in the original arcade MK3, i mean the first layer is the bridge, and the second layer is the background with the portal with mountains and towers and stuff.
If there is a way to keep the background unamovible and independent from the bridge the black bar wont be visible and you can remain the original height of the background. Even the "big distance" visual effect can be appreciated much better if the background remains immobil, lets remember the portal is far away from the bridge and the characters. When the background and the bridge moves both at same time to up and down, this make it seems very close to each other.

You can see this exactly as im describing it in the SNES MK3. When you jump or uppercut, the only layer that "descends" (i mean it has movement) is the bridge while the background remains immobil. Check the video and you will understand what im saying perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_CdYpHNRQw&t=12s

Maybe you could apply the same "solution" to Scislac Busorez (Lost World/Lost Bridge) and to your awesome stage Suswerd Het II if you think this is a good idea.

im obligated to tell you something else that i havent noticed before, but now i just realised Scislac Busorez is not available to set as coin-up stage screen same as Noob's Dorfen :/ . If you can add it it could be very nice.

I hope my few suggestions are a bit useful at least. Anyway, thanks for dedicating your time to this awesome project. UMK3 Plus will be 1 millon times more wonderful than the original UMK3 rev 1.2 in every meaning. Thanks to you and Paul and the whole Team Plus, you are making a great piece of art and we are all very thankful to all of you guys.

Moderators: Tehdrewsus

Created by ZPaul2Fresh8

Go to top