UMK3+ Beta 2 Change Log

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1064 by Tehdrewsus
Completed items

Stages:
Kahn's Kave - Floor now pulses when glowing

All stages with transitions - parallax of floor is no longer skewed when uppercut from the sides of a stage

Character select screen:
-Rain now selectable by holding ONLY Up and HK on classic select screen - was UP + Start + HK in beta 1
-Rain now becomes visible when selected on classic select screen

Character related
Kano - Skeleton Rip fatal: Animation frames restored, pulls skeleton in sync with all frames

Sonya - "Gumball" fatality correctly encapsulates all of each character now. bone pile now correctly falls in corners
- Kiss of death fatality skeltons adjusted to not fall off screen

Jax - Gotcha grab vs Rain fixed (I caused that, my bad)

Nightwolf - Lightning strike fatal lasts longer before opponent falls, easter egg added for instant explosion

Unmasked Sub - Ice breath fatality - crushed ice palette fixed. "Frosty" from Shao Kahn is now an easter egg instead of hard coded

Stryker - Bomb Vest fatality - created listener to place vest on correct frame. X and Y coordinates of fighter updated to allow correct placement of vest for each character. "Flash" prior to explosion from MK3 added
- Taser fatality - easter eggs created to melt or explode opponent
- Friendship - entirety of cast, minus victim character and stryker, now run past with stop sign

Sindel - Hair Spin fatality - moves character correctly to make invisible. Previously, some characters could be visible behind hair spiral prior to spinning apart

Human Smoke - Friendship added -

Human Smoke/Robot Smoke/Scorpion Spear fixes: - spear now hits in more uniform location. Spear sprite on hit is placed "behind" fighter to show a more "sunk in" hit of spear, as if the spear is actually piercing into opponent's chest. Spear no longer goes to full screen animation when connected at point blank range.

All characters - Babies appear more centered from fire plume now. Some would be outside of fire plume entirely previously.

In Progress/Ongoing

Classic Select Screen
- Palette shaders for each character. Can darken or modify palette of character on select screen. This will carry over into gameplay
- Portrait darkening on select - these are currently additional 80h sized palettes. Darkening instead of moving in darkened palette will
create immense amount of space on ROMs
- Hidden select ability

Kombat Kodes
- Kolorful Kombat now adds more colors in more places! Fatality symbol and blood now will drip random colors
- Smoke's world explosion fatality will show colorful stars
- P1 Kombat Kode for Revision display now displays correctly

Ultimate Kombat Kode
- UKK returns! 3 UKK's to be revealed

Supreme Demonstration/
- Supreme demonstration now shows ALL finishers from all characters

Noob Saibot
- Noob will get overhaul. Full move set (currently has teleport slam and clone throw), normal healh bar, and trilogy kombos. Reduced
walk speed to same as Human Smoke.

Chameleon
- Chameleon character created, will be very similar to Trilogy behavior.

Balance Options
- Balance options (OPTIONS!) to be made available.
- Scorpion given forward teleport
- USub's clone truly unblockable on contact.
- This section of course to be updated over time.

Kombat Kodes
- Additional kodes planned, such as All Specials Disabled, Kritical Kombat, Throwing Discouraged, etc.

There's been a lot of other stuff not mentioned here gone on behind the scenes, boring stuff that isn't seen in game play, only more optimized in code as I get better at doing what I'm doing. I'll do my best to keep a running log of these changes and updates.

UMK3+ Co-Creator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Postmortem, siso82, SouL BreaKeR, T.Rieper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1065 by SouL BreaKeR
Its awesome! UMK3 + will be the greatest UMK3 modificacion of all times and even 1000% better than the original rev 1.2 i cant wait anymore to get it :woohoo: .

Just few reminders/requestings/suggestions:

-Please add Scislac Busorez and Noob's dorfen to Coin-up stage. And i notizeed The Balcony Stage has its name as "¨Kahn´s Tower".

-About Hidden Portal I have made another post suggesting a possible solution to preserve the original arcade MK3 height of the background without the need of seeing the horrible black bar at the top of the screen by making the background layer immovable, only the background layer but remaining the bridge layer movement intact. Same as SNES MK3 version. It looks much better for many reasons. And this will give a better "original" sensation. Also applicable to Scislac Busorez and Suswerd Het II .

-About Kahn´s Cave it looks really beautiful with clouds and the floor shine. And as it looks so good im obligated to say i realized something: I know the stairs of the corners are fixed to prevent that exagerated separation between rungs as it happens in the original rev 1.2 release. But the stick of the 2 layers seems to be too much in my opinion, and maybe its only me, but i think it looks like the 16 bit versions of UMK3 with the stairs completly static. Just suggesting to let the independent movement of both layers a bit more, just a little, to dont make both parts of the stair get too much separated but at same time letting see the division between the 2 parts to give the feeling of the far distance between the arena where players are fighting and the cave doors.

-Talking about Noob Saibot will receive his MK Trilogy combos, im glad to know it! So i can take the situation to ask you for replacing his actual Brutality hits for the original ones in MK Trilogy too.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1067 by siso82
Replied by siso82 on topic UMK3+ Beta 2 Change Log
Great changelog, tho I'm not a fan of noob's ugly trilogy combos and specials...

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1068 by Tehdrewsus
Replied by Tehdrewsus on topic UMK3+ Beta 2 Change Log
See replies in Green

SouL BreaKeR wrote: Its awesome! UMK3 + will be the greatest UMK3 modificacion of all times and even 1000% better than the original rev 1.2 i cant wait anymore to get it :woohoo: .

Just few reminders/requestings/suggestions:
pick a central place for these so I don't have too many duplicates ;)

-Please add Scislac Busorez and Noob's dorfen to Coin-up stage. And i notizeed The Balcony Stage has its name as "¨Kahn´s Tower".
of course

-About Hidden Portal I have made another post suggesting a possible solution to preserve the original arcade MK3 height of the background without the need of seeing the horrible black bar at the top of the screen by making the background layer immovable, only the background layer but remaining the bridge layer movement intact. Same as SNES MK3 version. It looks much better for many reasons. And this will give a better "original" sensation. Also applicable to Scislac Busorez and Suswerd Het II .

i will have to look into seeing if you can make a background layer "immovable" no stages currently do this, as they have assets that all go high enough - with the exception of the temple, which I corrected.

-About Kahn´s Cave it looks really beautiful with clouds and the floor shine. And as it looks so good im obligated to say i realized something: I know the stairs of the corners are fixed to prevent that exagerated separation between rungs as it happens in the original rev 1.2 release. But the stick of the 2 layers seems to be too much in my opinion, and maybe its only me, but i think it looks like the 16 bit versions of UMK3 with the stairs completly static. Just suggesting to let the independent movement of both layers a bit more, just a little, to dont make both parts of the stair get too much separated but at same time letting see the division between the 2 parts to give the feeling of the far distance between the arena where players are fighting and the cave doors.

i tested that. any more change and you'll see the broken looking stairs again.

-Talking about Noob Saibot will receive his MK Trilogy combos, im glad to know it! So i can take the situation to ask you for replacing his actual Brutality hits for the original ones in MK Trilogy too.

I believe Paul changed that because Rain, Human Smoke, and Noob all had identical brutality animations (different inputs obviously) in Trilogy code. So this is fine.

UMK3+ Co-Creator

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1069 by Tehdrewsus
Replied by Tehdrewsus on topic UMK3+ Beta 2 Change Log

siso82 wrote: Great changelog, tho I'm not a fan of noob's ugly trilogy combos and specials...

He only has 2 auto combos in Trilogy, so I'll probably grant him some others as well.

UMK3+ Co-Creator
The following user(s) said Thank You: siso82

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1070 by SouL BreaKeR
Thanks for your answers Drew. Another big question i have is the next one: as you told me Noob Saibot will receive his totally black palette thx to the brand new palette swap option, i wanted to know how it will be.

Im asking if this totally black palette will be a real completly "uncolored" palette same as MK2 and arcade releases of MK3/UMK3... or just a fake black overlay palette same as the 16 bits home ports of UMK3.
Maybe im not explaining it very well because my english. But i can give you examples with screenshots:

Here are examples of the original arcade MK2 MK3 UMK3 totally black palette shape. You can see this palette always remais smooth even if Sub-Zero's ice freezes Noob Saibot.

https://imgur.com/a/4zk2XMw

And here are 2 examples of the fake overlay black palette, here you can see the real palette once being frozen.

https://imgur.com/a/DPwkUG5

So i'd like to ask you for preserving the real shape black palette, it makes more sense. The overlay black palette gives a feeling of a lazy fake unfinished work. That's how i see it.

Moderators: Tehdrewsus

Created by ZPaul2Fresh8

Go to top