UMK3+ Mame Aviwrite Option

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1196 by leewoo
Hey guys,

Loving the game. I have it loaded up on my dedicated cabinet successfully. I've also been able to load it up using the mame builds that are in the downloads section. That quick select into the vs screen is super slick. I love it so much.

The trouble I'm running into is trying to use the -aviwrite option that I usually use with Mame. I have been making Youtube tutorial videos on how to do all of the moves in the Mortal Kombat arcades. I have 1, 2, and UMK3 done, and was going to add in UMK3+ before I moved on to 4.

To make my videos I record both the control panel as well as a Mame version of each move. An example can be seen here . The two Mame builds play UMK3+, but do not allow/work with the -aviwrite option and the public build from MameDev does not accept UMK3+ just yet. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this to work? TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1197 by RustyDawg37
Add the game to a version of MAME that has aviwrite. There is typically 3 or 4 files that need edited to add a game to your preferred version of MAME. The game is not known to work on MAME prior to 0.119.

Easy peasy.

Also, subscribed :)

If you need more help try the discord server. There is a mame related channel there.

There are also other options already made for the game, mostly different libretro cores.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1199 by leewoo
Replied by leewoo on topic UMK3+ Mame Aviwrite Option
Awesome thanks. I'm looking into it and not finding much on adding a custom ROM. What is the discord channel? I tried a discord link I found on here in another thread but it says invite invalid when I click it.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1200 by RustyDawg37
try this

discord.gg/hPtzkUX

Depending on what MAME you want to use, adding the game means adding the game to a couple of driver files and the list of games that MAME plays. You can also compile just that driver if you are hard up on space, instead of having 2 full blown MAME executables.
From what I can tell, aviwrite was not officially part of MAME yet when the source code for the MAME version of this website was made.

When I do this I usually find the source code and add it to github (or fork it there if possible). Clone it to my machine. Edit the files I need. sync it to github. Compile. Rinse. Repeat.

Moderators: Tehdrewsus

Created by ZPaul2Fresh8

Go to top