New special moves to balance the weakest fighters

More
1 year 2 months ago #755 by ermacermac
Every fighting game have a tier list, and often some of the fighters are superior to the others, now with this hack you guys can make the balance better, giving the weakest ones (in MK2 case - ninjas, Baraka and Shang Tsung)new special moves.
You already did give Scorpion forward teleport, which is enough to make him little less predictable and little more offensive,
Now here are my suggestions for the other bottom tier characters:

Reptile:
instead of 1 forceball, he can use fast and slow ones, like it became since UMK3. However to balance things - if you used one (doesn't matter slow or fast), you can't use the second one (doesn't matter which) by 2 secs, otherwise his infamous UMK3 fast forceball, slow forceball, uppercut will be very easy executed and will deliver a hell of a damage in MK2.

Sub-Zero
Ice clone - of course, classic move, that gives him new options, it should be UMK3 version, since in MK3 Sub was a god tier, because this move was broken. And maybe a little faster Ice Blast.

Shang Tsung:
without new sprites it's hard to come up with something, but let's try:
https://i.imgur.com/r1i6gH6.gif
Shang Tsung uses slide in Armageddon, vs DC, MK11, thought in different forms, than the one above. This move will give Shang Tsung another offensive option, and he can use it to slide under the most of projectiles (just like other slides can be used)

Baraka
looks like his MKT spin sprites are in the game, the other special move can be Downward Spark:
https://i.imgur.com/QxrJY64.gif

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #757 by Postmortem
Reptile has both the slow and fast forceball on mk2+

More
1 year 2 months ago #761 by ermacermac
Cool. Do you plan to add something to sub-zero, baraka and shang?

More
1 year 2 months ago #762 by Postmortem
Sub zero recieved the air freeze, baraka gained the blade spin.. shang got the ability to morph into the hidden characters if you have them unlocked. I dont think paul has any specific plans to add any other moves, but you never know.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #763 by ermacermac
Ok. I guess his choices are good enough.
Will you guys consider new sprites for Noob/Jade/Kahn finishers? Is this even possible to add new sprites?

Edit: there is another idea for Shang - position shift - Shang and his enemy switch places (vsDC, 11) by double morph, both (Shang and his opponent) goes through morph animations, Shang transforms into his opponent, and opponent transforms into Shang. Obviously not possible, when his opponent is in the air.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by ermacermac.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #764 by Postmortem
New sprites would be a ton of work. You would need one for every frame of animation. There likely isnt enough space on the rom to pull that off. Besides.. the idea is to enhance the experience, not create a MUGEN port =).
Cool idea for shang though. Position shift would be a neat move.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Postmortem.

Created by ZPaul2Fresh8

Go to top