Fatality / Special Moves Enhancements

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #879 by H215
I already talked to Drew on youtube about removing life bars for all fatalities like in MK2+
Which is one of the coolest enhancements in MK2+ along with some fatality animations.

So if possible, here goes some suggestions for UMK3+ Beta 2

Random select and Stage select on the new character select screen.

Bring back the Ai doing fatalities, brutalities, etc. option back in the operators menu.

Lower bodies falling down when cut in half like Sub Zeros ice grenade fatality in MK2+

Smoke animation after any fatalities involving fire or explosions by bombs (ie, Scorpions Toasty, Strykers / Smokes bomb, etc.)

Speaking on Stryker and Nightwolf as well, could we have opponents bodies explode after the stun gun and lightning axe fatalities.
I always felt like they were left half-assed.

Now something I would like to see but probably wont happen.

The option to turn on the Trilogy Moves in the operators menu like in UMK3 Ultimate Cup Edition.

New stage fatalities using existing stages. These are both based on Scorpions Hell stage fatality opponent animation.

The Waterfont having the opponent uppercut-ted into the river as a homage to the sega genesis trilogy hack.
Noobs Dorfen having them uppercut-ted into the well.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by H215.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #881 by Tehdrewsus
Thanks for the suggestions! I love getting feedback about the game. Part of this was that we had developed Beta 1 long enough, and some of these things just didn't make the cut prior to release. I'll reply to these in bold below.

H215 wrote: I already talked to Drew on youtube about removing life bars for all fatalities like in MK2+
Which is one of the coolest enhancements in MK2+ along with some fatality animations.
This would definitely be a cool option. I'm sure we can make it happen for Beta 2.

So if possible, here goes some suggestions for UMK3+ Beta 2

Random select and Stage select on the new character select screen.
I believe Paul has plans to do random select on the new select screen for Beta 2. Working in stage select options for both select screens is a possibility.

Bring back the Ai doing fatalities, brutalities, etc. option back in the operators menu.
Could definitely be done.

Lower bodies falling down when cut in half like Sub Zeros ice grenade fatality in MK2+
This could be quite a challenge as there are no current sprites for any of the characters doing this in UMK3. I can adapt and manipulate sprites to a degree in game code (like Reptile's stance, for instance) but that only goes so far before it looks mugen-ish. I'll play with it though.

Smoke animation after any fatalities involving fire or explosions by bombs (ie, Scorpions Toasty, Strykers / Smokes bomb, etc.)
Possibility

Speaking on Stryker and Nightwolf as well, could we have opponents bodies explode after the stun gun and lightning axe fatalities.
I always felt like they were left half-assed.
Sounds like easter eggs to me!

Now something I would like to see but probably wont happen.

The option to turn on the Trilogy Moves in the operators menu like in UMK3 Ultimate Cup Edition.
I'm currently collecting info and ideas for overall balance options in UMK3+. This would be selectable in the test (operators) menu. Scorpion will have a forward teleport, Sindel may get a double fireball, U-Sub's ice clone is fully unblockable again. These are just the beginnings. But I don't know that ALL trilogy moves would make it in.

New stage fatalities using existing stages. These are both based on Scorpions Hell stage fatality opponent animation.

The Waterfont having the opponent uppercut-ted into the river as a homage to the sega genesis trilogy hack.
Noobs Dorfen having them uppercut-ted into the well.
Not sure about those. would have to see how it looks in existing hacks.

UMK3+ Co-Creator
The following user(s) said Thank You: H215

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #882 by H215
Awesome. I'm glad to see that you like most of the suggestions on the list.
I tried to think of what could be possible so that their not too far fetched like some I see.

I thought the Random selects and Ai fatalities would be implemented. Its a "no brainer" really, I'm just jumping the gun.

The lower body decaps falling down I was unsure of myself, thinking there might not be a kneeling animation.

The other stuff like smoke on explosions should be easy to do..

Easter eggs you say? ;)

The Trilogy moves are the only reason I played Cup Edition.
Bringing them to UMK3+ would make it feel like the complete package albeit the infinite shenanigans can go.

Here goes a video of the Waterfront fatality on the old UMK3 Trilogy hack at the 8.00 mark

UMK3 Trilogy - Waterfront

Keep in mind its sega genesis so the graphics are poops. It will look way better on the arcade graphics.
I think the most trouble you'll have is recoloring the lava splash to blue, to match the river water.

Noobs Dorfen is a new one I thought of.. It might be rough due to making the falling sprite disappear as it enters the well..

edit:

There are some oddities I'm bumping into playing on the newest mame build... Possible bugs?

The announcer doesn't announce some of the names during the character bios.
I think that might be the attract sound bug that cuts off after a while though.

Kitana & Scorpion are the only fight demo regardless of the character bios.

Didn't it usually show a fight demo of whatever two character bios were showed prior?
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by H215.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #1008 by thyagoms
I will make some suggestions in a very basic way but that would significantly change the game.
> Arrange all the lazy finishes that the original has as bodies that don't fall after being beheaded, cut in half, limbs floating in the air (ridiculous). Finishes like Jax that steps the opponent should not even exist and very ridiculous. Masked Sub Zero Fatal Scorpion without that black screen censorship, got very lazy in the original too.
> Improved Pit Bell Tower which is very dull as well, could do something better work like pit 3 for example.
> Increase the size of all characters to the size of MK2.

Thank you all! Good kombate and sorry english and translator!

Thyago, Brazil

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1100 by ermacermac
MKP season 2 by Borg117 (just search this name on Youtube) have many nearly arcade perfect quality sprites for finishers.
The question is, do you really have space left?

I will gladly play UMK3 with MK2 like fatalities and body parts replacing the stupid ones, as i'am sure many others will too

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #1123 by t4ntux
It would be awesome if you guys can remove the black screen from sub-zero's censored head-rip fatality and actually show it in all its glory. Super dope if an uncensored version can be made... Keep up the great work! I hope this project gets more popular.

Moderators: Tehdrewsus

Created by ZPaul2Fresh8

Go to top