Character Select Screen

More
7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #936 by T.Rieper
I'd like to completely remove the timer of the Character Select Screen. (or at least I would like to extend it to 1.5-2.0 minutes) I understand why you made such short timings (to play more fights and not to provoke long thoughts). But there are new players who need more time to choose.
Last edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by T.Rieper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 8 hours ago #982 by Tehdrewsus
Replied by Tehdrewsus on topic Character Select Screen
We didn't touch the select screen time limit. That's the way it is in 1.2 as well.

UMK3+ Co-Creator
The following user(s) said Thank You: T.Rieper

More
7 months 5 hours ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #985 by T.Rieper
Replied by T.Rieper on topic Character Select Screen
That's too bad. I'd like to lengthen the time. this does not affect authenticity. it's just time
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by T.Rieper.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #992 by ermacermac
Replied by ermacermac on topic Character Select Screen
I saw your new 5*5 select screen, while the idea is nice, i think the end result looks more like mugen, than classic games.

Below is suggestion on how to make 25 selectable characters work in classic UMK3 select:

* notice a new element here - an arrow right under Cyber Smoke - when player press down while highlighting Cyber Smoke, his cursor goes down off screen to select Human version of Smoke.
Arrow can flash (changing it's pallete) to make it more obvious to the player, that there is something under Cyber Smoke.

So you have Classic Select, but with all 25 characters easily accesable.

P.S. Sorry for my English
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouL BreaKeR

More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #994 by T.Rieper
Replied by T.Rieper on topic Character Select Screen
the idea is interesting of course, but when I saw the 5x5 it was an amazing effect. You go through the big fighters icons. You pick them and they come face to face, mmmmmm. Realy good!!

But you can only enjoy this moment for 15 seconds)) and then F3.
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by T.Rieper.

More
6 months 1 week ago #1018 by Tehdrewsus
Replied by Tehdrewsus on topic Character Select Screen

ermacermac wrote: I saw your new 5*5 select screen, while the idea is nice, i think the end result looks more like mugen, than classic games.

Below is suggestion on how to make 25 selectable characters work in classic UMK3 select:

* notice a new element here - an arrow right under Cyber Smoke - when player press down while highlighting Cyber Smoke, his cursor goes down off screen to select Human version of Smoke.
Arrow can flash (changing it's pallete) to make it more obvious to the player, that there is something under Cyber Smoke.

So you have Classic Select, but with all 25 characters easily accesable.

P.S. Sorry for my English

Rain didn't make it on the klassic select screen because his trilogy portrait looks like hot garbage in comparison to the way the rest of the portraits look. That's why I created a unique one for UMK3+. The select screen is kind of full as it is, we could POSSIBLY put 2 more portraits on for Rain and someone else (???) but I'm not sure how it would look.

But I can definitely tell you, taking the cursor off screen is DEFINITELY more like Mugen than anything you described.

UMK3+ Co-Creator

Moderators: Tehdrewsus

Created by ZPaul2Fresh8

Go to top